The ultimate goal of the project is to create cost-efficient management tools and practices for the European aquaculture sector to investigate the scope of fish farming activity, social interactions, potential environmental impacts and any future risks.
- Securing sustainable development and growth of aquaculture through improved management of fish farms to harmonize production with the carrying capacity of the selected site.
- Simplifying administrative, regulatory and licensing procedures.
- Supporting the development and implementation of sustainable development and growth of aquaculture through coordinated spatial planning.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of sustainable EU aquaculture.
- Promoting a level playing field for EU operators by exploiting their competitive advantages.
- Supporting member states to improve their aquaculture strategies and effectively use EU and national funding sources.
- Using TAPAS case studies to encourage the development of best practices leading to an improved perception and image of aquaculture.
- Securing sustainable development and growth of aquaculture through coordinated spatial planning by integrating results with existing projects.